Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Food Network Shows
I love watching Food Network shows such as Ultimate Recipe Showdown, I find it fun watching other people cook and finding cool ideas for fun food. Whenever I watch these shows I always get hungry and want to make something really good, I think about the judges and how lucky they are being able to eat amazing food. Tonight I watched a burger showdown where four contestants competed for $25,000, all of their burgers sounded amazing. Its not exactly dinner time here but because of a pole dancing technique class I'm taking at the studio I work at I have eaten early. Burgers were on the menu tonight and I had even got a bun, mayo and cheese out and the chips sitting on the counter. I thought of how delicious all the burgers on the show were but then I thought of one key thing the bun, I decided not to use it. Being gluten free I had got English muffins to use as buns and I thought to myself why do buns make the burger? Shouldn't the burger make the burger? Going without the bun is a healthier option and I didn't want to cross that out with the use of mayo. I decided to put mozzarella cheese in 2 thin slices on my burger, then a nice sized mushroom and basil to add flavor. Top beautifully I decided this burger was complete and sitting atop my stool I proceeded to nicely cut and eat my masterpiece. Maybe not Ultimate Showdown judge worthy, but it was fun to make and great tasting. What have you done to make a typical recipe anything but, do you make it healthy or hearty?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment