Saturday, August 13, 2011

A helpful hint for stretching

When I was 260 some pounds I remember my first goal being to bring my heel to my butt in a thigh stretch! I know it sounds silly but back then I couldn't do most stretches and being able to grab my foot behind me was something I wanted but couldn't do. Now a few years later I can do it perfectly without any assistance from friend or wall, but it took practice. Today after coming home from Zumba I was taught a way to make this stretch even easier then I had thought.
*It helps if you take off your shoes and socks, at least for your first time
*Spread your toes as wide as you can and place your foot(that you'll balance on) flat on the floor
*Lift your heel while keeping your toes wide, lower your heel back down planting your foot firmly
*Now lift the other leg up behind you as far as possible, grab your ankle if you can
*You should be sturdy and completely straight with your bodies allignment
*Do the same on the other side, you'll feel a difference in the stretch and your body will thank-you

No comments:

Post a Comment