Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The start of my transformation

I had a wake up call Christmas of 2009 mostly when I wanted to throw out all of the pictures that the family had taken. I looked awful, and more importantly I felt awful as well. I had only been in college for a semester and had already gained 100 pounds. I didn't go out with friends because I was feeling self-conscious but because I didn't go out I staid in on the couch where food was available. Looking back at in now, three years later I don't see how I could have done that to myself. I remember my Uncle coming to talk to me over that holiday, really talking to me about my health not my weight. He mentioned my emotion health, how in order to join in I actually had to put myself out there; take a risk. He also mentioned my physical health, things such as me not being able to walk for long periods of time. Truly from him came my wake up call, if I wanted to be the person I told everyone I wanted to be then I had to take a little bit more responsibility! That coming month I got a personal trainer up at my school, my sessions with my trainer Kendra became the highlights of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment