Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School, work and life!

School has started and yesterday was a very long day for me. I got on the bus at 9:45am and got home at 9pm. With 5 classes in between that time I was pressed to eat quickly in-between classes and not go to the vending machines. I brought with me a bag of carrots, a protein bar, and a bag of mixed nuts with raisins and rice puff cereal-my owl concoction. With all that was going on I only ate a few carrots and a little bit of my mix but at least I had that! I know that whether your in school or at work or stuck in traffic it can be hard to eat right when you get hungry. I've made a list of healthy snacks under 200 calories that should be able to fill you up without filling you out! And while your eating don't forget to drink water, that's the best non-calorie snack around!
1) 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt with 1/2 a cup of blueberries-about 120calories, 15g protein, 0fat!
Mix this up in a container to bring with you anywhere
2) 10 rice crackers with 5 laughing cow cheese wedges-under 160 calories, 6g protein, 8-15g fiber
Cut the wedges in half, one half per cracker. You can either make these and put them in a container or just bring the components and make them when hungry
3) 2oz hummus and 10 baby carrots-170 calories, 4-8g protein, 5-10g fiber
It all depends on the kind of hummus you use, look to see how much protein and fiber it contains
4) 3oz can seasoned tuna-110calories, 16g protein, 4g fat
Remember to count the crackers if you use them to eat the tuna!!
5) 1 cup edamame lightly salted-189calories, 17g protein, 8g fiber
You'll lower the calories if you skip the salt, sometimes I don't mind them not salted
6) 2 turkey slices wrapped around 1 string cheese-196calories, 12g protein
Great for a quick snack that taste yummy, kids will love it :)
7) 2 scrambled eggs with salsa-175calories, 12g protein
I make this for breakfast some mornings but I have also made it to-go for lunch at school
8) 1/2 cup pistachios-170calories, 6g protein, 4g fiber
Great for when your bored, the fact that you have to crack the nuts makes it so you don't eat them to quickly or to many.
9) 1 TBSP peanut butter and 1 medium apple-165calories, 4g protein, 4g fiber
Cut the apple into slices and put it in a container with the peanut butter, easy and yummy
10) Protein bar-depends!! You should always bring one with you or have it in your car just make sure it is under 200 calories and has protein and fiber

**Not all of these numbers will be exact! Make sure your paying attention to labels, happy snacking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment