Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mind games

Stepping on the scale and seeing the number rise can be hard, even if its only rising a little. When this happens there are many ways a person can take it. Sometimes for myself I get mad, mad at the scale and at the workouts I blame for not working. I've been known to blame healthy food as well, why eat healthy food if the scale still goes up? All of these thoughts are just mind games. Games that can't be won. A year ago I'd start playing these mind games with myself and could eat a whole pint of ice-cream or two helpings of dinner to make myself feel better or justify the games. Tuesday I weighed in four pounds heavier then I did in the morning, and this was before dinner! I immediately tried to justify the number I saw on the scale, I thought of what I had eaten, I got mad at myself for not working out, I even blamed that time of the month. But then I realized, remembered that I had to let it go, I told myself I wasn't going to weigh in again that night, I'd eat dinner have a good night and start again tomorrow. And what do you know, I weigh in this morning lower then I was yesterday morning. I'm doing just fine, mind games aside!

No comments:

Post a Comment