Thursday, August 18, 2011
Reminiscing!
At dinner tonight I was reminiscing about my scrapes and scars, I have plenty! Some scars that really made me think are the one's on my knees, cuts that I got in Costa Rica. I remember the day clearly, everyone was having so much fun. My sister and our friend Leah were over across a small bridge in between some trees. I had just gotten my breakfast, a big piece of toast with peanut butter and jelly, when my sister and Leah called to me. I immediately started to run to where they were, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and tripped over the edge of this small bridge, I fell and received several cuts that are still visible today. Reminiscing on this event I remember clearly that at that moment when I fell the thought that went through my head was "oh no my toast!" Yes that's right, I had just fallen and scrapped my knees and my biggest concern was the fact that my toast had fallen as well and was now unable to eat. I remember crying over this, but really not caring about my scrapes; I even tried to hide them from my mother. I realize that I sometimes get overworked when something goes wrong, especially if it's my fault, but at such a young age I was so disappointed and mad at myself because I dropped my toast. WOW no one should be that concerned with food, whether it is because their afraid they wont get more that day or whether they just want more. I've grown a lot since that day in Costa Rica, I've empowered myself in different ways. Now food isn't my life, I'm more important than what I eat! You are too!!
Labels:
Costa Rica,
empowered,
events,
food,
toast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment